Happy Saturday my loves!!!
You know how much I love a great sale...especially on BEAUTY!! Makeup and skincare rarely goes on sale so I love finding a good deal when I can...
I am picking up more Chanel beauty so here's a great way to pay less...AND don't forget to use Ebates!!! I got $110 earlier this month for doing nothing except shopping!
Macy's: Their Friends and Family sale started yesterday and lasts until December 8th! You can shop both in stores or online. Get $10 for every $50 you spend! Wheeeeeeeee! Use code: FRIEND
HSN: Soooo I never have shopped on HSN but I'm glad I did last night. From Ebates, I learned if you're a new customer, just use the code: Holiday10... you get $10 off if you spend $20! I thought it would be a good time to use it towards a new mascara I have been dying to try. So I bought this and got $10 off and get to still use flex pay! Woooo hoooo!
Lord and Taylor: This is a heads up! 15% off beauty starting December 10th!
Start getting your lists ready!! What's on your beauty wish list??
I have just been using it on my waterline for the past month and I like it a lot but I wasn't 100% sold. After watching loads of beauty tutorials on YouTube last week, I noticed a lot of vbloggers using it to line their top lids. I still wasn't convinced. In the past, every single time I lined my top lid with a pencil, it bled into my cease within an hour. It 100% always transfers. And I haven't just tried with one brand....I've tried with loads of brands. It gets super annoying so I just stopped trying. I've been using my Stila liquid liner for about 5 years now (only cheating once with Kat Von D) so I thought I should re-explore the pencil method. I'm so happy I did!!
Chanel always makes wonderful beauty products but this pencil really fooled me. It's more on the hard side and not as soft as the pencils I usually use on my waterline. BUT it still gets the job done. The bottom part of the package comes off as a sharpener and you can use it to make your tip pointer. I love that I don't have to actually really use a pencil sharpener. I don't know if it's just me but when I actually have to sharpen an eyeliner like I would a writing pencil, the sharpener eats a lot of the pencil. What a waste of product!! This isn't the case with this. Technically, you never even have to sharpen this baby! Just twist and go!
Now I know the $33 price tag is a bit pricey but now I won't have to buy two separate eyeliners. I am saving time, money, and space by just using the one product! Wheeeeeee!
Have you tried this Chanel eyeliner? What's your favorite products to line your eyes?
Hope all is well and you had a great start to the week. So you must all be tired of hearing about my acne, right? Hahahaha. Sorry but I can't help it! My bumps have literally taken over my life. Since getting bad breakouts, skincare and makeup has taken over my life at a whole new level. I don't think people realize how badly your confidence can take a hit when your face is covered in acne.
My skincare routine has been really intense over the last few months. I had to really learn the hard way that if you love makeup as much as I do that you really must make sure they you completely take off every speck of makeup before you go to bed.
Since I wear heavy makeup every single day and I contour like a Kardashian, it's super important that I remove every lick of makeup from my face or my pores will get blocked like you would not believe. My skincare routine is a bit intense and I'm happy to share if you want me to, but here's step one of my nighttime skincare routine...
You must...I repeat... you MUST double cleanse your skin if you wear loads of makeup like I do! I just don't go to my sink wearing loads of makeup and reaching for my cleanser like I am going to get away with just one wash. In order for my cleanser to really work, I must remove the majority of makeup first so the cleanser can actually reach my skin. I use two products in order to reach my cleansing goal....a cleansing oil and makeup removing wipes. My personal faves are BareMinerals Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil and Avon's Makeup Removing Wipes or Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Wipes.
BareMinerals Cleansing Oil has been a miracle worker!! I can't gush about this product enough and I have repurchased it 3x already. It smells amazing, is super gentle, and removes pretty much every single bit of my makeup with just one application. In my opinion, no one should be with out this product, especially if you love makeup as much as I do....I apply it directly to my dry skin, rub it in, and wipe away with my makeup removing wipes. My skin feels soooo amazing afterwards!! This oil removes everything, including eye makeup!! It removes all makeup without drying my skin which I really appreciate! This cleanser has been a game changer for me.
For the past year, I have talked non-stop about my Avon makeup removing wipes. They are so moist and effective that I just have them automatically on repeat. They are also soooo cheap compared to other brands!! But of course I am always trying out new products and once I saw these detox wipes at Target, I had to try. I know that charcoal is supposed to be really great at detoxing your skin. I was really shocked when it turned out that I liked them.. a lot!
First off, they smell amazing!! So clean but flowery! I was a little hesitant because I thought a black wipe? Is it going to leave residue? Nope! Absolutely not! They leave my skin sooo soft and smooth. They aren't as moist as my Avon wipes and they clean my makeup brushes horribly but they really are amazing to my skin. Just because I can use my Avon wipes for multiple purposes, I'll continue to stay loyal, but these were a refreshing change.
After I clean my skin with both these products, my skin is 100% ready for part two of my skincare routine which is to cleanse. If you suffer from acne like I do, you need to add a cleansing oil to your skincare routine and make sure you double cleanse!!
How to you wipe away your makeup?
Hello all you pretty people!
I hope everyone had a wonderful, family & friend filled holiday! It is Jordan again today as a guest blogger on the amazing, Gossip Darling (: I am loving this long holiday weekend, even though I had to travel all over the state of West Virginia to see all my loved ones (worth it!). Now that we are all nice & fluffy from our holiday indulgences, I thought I would share this handy app that you can use to get back on track!
|Fooducate Free App Logo!|
So, the app is called Fooducate & it is free, yes FREE! Of course you can get premium versions as well for more specific tracking, such as carb tracking or gluten free & GMO free tracking… but I just use the free version. More on the food side of the app… you can scan the barcode of any food & the app will give the food a grade (A being good & F being bad, obviously). It will also give you an explanation as to why it has that grade, which I loooove! It will say things like, contains trans fat, or contains more than 1/2 of daily recommendation for sugar & so on. Fooducate will also give you alternative suggestions that are similar to the food product that you scanned, so handy!
On to the exercise portion of Fooducate! This is pretty standard for a lot of fitness apps, but I will say that it is way easier to navigate & input than most other fitness apps that I have tried. You can add exercise whenever you want & put in the time of day later. I usually update all my exercise at the end of the day while I am laying down watching TV lol. So for me, I usually will put in running & put in around 30 minutes, then I also put in weightlifting for 60 minutes… it calculates the calories you burn & simple as that!
|Here is a snapshot of my daily tracker for the day! Super easy to read!|
Wrapping it all together! You set a profile for yourself, including gender, age, height, current weight, & set a goal. With this information it can accurately calculate how many calories you need & how many you would burn doing each exercise. You can easily see how many more calories you have for the day on the home screen. To be honest, I mostly use this app for the food grading & information it tells you on each food by scanning the barcode. I am not the type of person how counts calories or needs to know how many calories I am burning.. but I LOVE learning more about the food I am eating!
Why not try it out for free! Let me know what you think of it, or if you have a nutrition app that you like even better!!
Happy Thanksgiving my darlings!!!!!!
I truly can't believe the holiday season is here! I will definitely be out tomorrow for Black Friday! My shopping list and credit cards are ready!!! Let's do this!!
I truly have so much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. There are no expectations except to eat, drink, laugh, watch movies, and enjoy your loved ones.
Here are a few things I'm thankful for this year....
1. I would be absolutely nothing without my family and friends. My loved ones mean everything o me. They save me every single time and I can always depend on them. This past two weeks have been very hard for me and they were soooo supportive of me. I get emotional just thinking about it. Thank you to them for always putting up with me!!
2. This little blog of mine!! I am sooo thankful for my readers and how much this blog has grown in the past year. It's crazy and humbling. Thank you so much!! Over the years, I have had so many different types of blogs and I have tried my hand at it many times....and I've failed. I am so blessed that TGD has take off and keeps getting stronger and stronger. Never give it...your dedication will pay off in the end.
3. My cat Lexi! That little fur ball is the love of my life and makes me crack up every single day. Love that little sassy bundle of energy.
4. My 3 nieces!! They are the sweetest little girls I have ever met. Everyday they make me laugh and as little girls do...they humble me and put me in my place. Love them to pieces.
5. My job! I am so thankful to have a job and be able to pay my bills! hahahaha. And that's the truth!
6. My acne is almost gone!! I am soooo happy! I know this may seem narcissistic but I've been struggling with acne for at least 6 months. It has changed the way I look at myself and my confidence. There were days I truly didn't want to leave my apartment. I am so happy my skin is looking better and I am becoming my old self again!
7. I am thankful to know that 2017 will be better than 2016! Each year I continue to learn lessons, grow as a person, and reflect on what really means the most to me. I am so blessed to see another year of life. Thank you God.
From my family to yours, I wish you a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!!!
Hi darlings!! Hope you all had a fab weekend!! I am ready for Thanksgiving! Seriously, I need to control my mouth because all I've been doing for the past week is eating. Lol. I'm prepping!
I am obsessed with all things Chanel. I mean, it's hard not to love anything Chanel. My friend recommended that I use only Chanel makeup and other beauty products because of all of my skin and acne issues. About 5 years ago, she was on accutane and after she finished her treatment, she switched to Chanel only makeup and she hasn't had another issue since. Granted, we both have no idea if the meds were the only reason why her acne hasn't made a reappearnace but she swear by Chanel so I am following her lead. So far it has been two weeks and I am soooo happy with how my skin is looking.
If you follow me on social media, you know that I have recently purchased loads of Chanel products but here are a few more things on my wish list...I have to budget myself and buy more every time I get paid!
Here we go...
1. Eyeshadow in Lotus: I am trying to simplify my everyday makeup look so I think this light basic shade would be great for my daytime look. Soft and basic. Perfect!
2. Long Wear Matte Eyeshadow in Melody: Again, I think this will be great for my everyday daytime wear. Maybe I'll layer this with the Lotus shade or maybe I'll wear alone. We shall see! You can never had too many shadows though!
3. Rouge Allure Intense Long Wear Lip Color: With the holidays coming and a bunch of weddings, I want a sexy and intense lip look! Nothing screams sexy and chic better than the perfect red lipstick. It's a Chanel signature so I definitely want it.
4. Le Blanc de Chanel: I have heard soooo many great things about this primer. I am currently not using any primers because I have so many layers to apply in the morning due to my acne skincare routine that I really can't add an extra step. (I don't have the time and I am afraid of clogging my pores.) This also brightens your skin so hopefully this will lighten my acne scars so when I apply my foundation, it will help my skintone will look more even.
5. Le Teint Ultrawear Flawless Foundation: I have been using this lightweight foundation for my everyday daytime look because it's super light and won't clog my pores. With all of my acne issues, it's important for my skin to be able to breath! But with the holidays approaching and a lot of parties and weddings, I want a full coverage foundation for those times. I want a more intense makeup look and I want all acne scars covered. This baby will help me do that.
6. Le Volume Mascara: I have heard a million great things about this mascara. I am not loyal to any mascara and usually just grab whatever free sample or cheap thing I can get my hands on. But since so many bloggers and YouTubers have been bragging about this, I am dying to try!
Do you love Chanel beauty products? If there anything I must try? I wanna hear!
Oh dear! It's almost the holiday season!!! Frickin nuts!! I have three Thanksgiving celebrations coming up so wish me luck with my fitness routine. Seriously 2016! Where did you go? I have made sooo many changes in my life recently. Mostly involving skincare, makeup routine, diet, fitness, and maybe a little romance...I'm trying to stick to my goals and really develop a permanent routine. Sometimes it's so hard for me to start something new and really stick to it! Am I an old dog? Can you not teach me a new trick?
I'm sure I've mentioned these goals before and I'm sure I will again but here we go! Maybe if I keep repeating myself, they'll actually stick...
1. Stay Hydrated: I'm taking oral acne meds and using two topical creams as well as a sulfur cleanser. What do the three have in common? They are seriously drying my skin out! With my oral acne meds I have to drink loads of water with it so I'm trying to drink at least 64oz per day. I also work out so I have to increase my water intake even more. Goodness...I'm in the bathroom every 10 mins! Will my body get used to this? Any good recipes for my water? I'm starting to get bored...
2. Meditate: I even bought a yoga mat! I downloaded a bunch of meditating apps on my iPhone and I'm really hoping it calms me and helps me destress. Usually I just drink a bottle wine to relax me but I think mediating is healthier...
3. Stop Making Stupid Purchases: Ugh! How long have I been saying I need to save money? Please just take my cards away. Is there a program that helped you? It's a hard habit to break! Just swipe swipe swipe!
4. Natural Look When It Comes to Makeup: Ever since my horrible acne breakout, I've been really taking it easy on the makeup! As I get older, it seems that everything is clogging my pores! But I got rid of my entire makeup stash recently (yes, ALL of it!!) and replaced it with Chanel based on a friend's recommendation and I'm so pleased that I did. It has only been one week and my skin has shown soooo much improvement. No more looking like Kim K everyday. I'll be sharing my new daily makeup routine soon.
5. Stay Focused on Blogging: Ugh! I really want to blog 5x a week minimum on this little baby of mine but with my insane work schedule, it's sooo hard for me. I'm really trying to keep up with my 3x per week. Maybe I should organize myself better??
6. Go Out More: As the weather gets colder, sometimes it's harder and harder to leave the house. It's just too cold! Especially here in NYC where we have to walk everywhere. Even though I prefer Summer rooftop happy hours, I am really going to try to catch up with my friends at least 1x per week. I need to socialize more and gossip with the girls. The best way to destress is with your friends! Who doesn't enjoy a good gossip with a glass of wine with your BFF?
7. Do More Things for Myself: I need to stop feeling guilty about doing things that make me happy. Even though I need to socialize more, sometimes I spend my days running around and doing things for other people instead of doing things that I enjoy. It's time to change this. If I want to spend the day alone at the spa...then I should do that! It's great doing things for others but admittedly, sometimes it become draining. It's time for me to fully regroup. It's important.
8. Start Eating Healthy Again: I lost 12 pounds and was doing soooo well with my eating. The winter is so hard though because of all the holidays and because fruits don't taste as good in the colder months. It's easy to eat a watermelon in July! I need to find new healthier snacks. I have gained some of the pounds back which is fine. I just need to regroup...
9. Start Working Out More Again: I was working out 6x per week! Now I am happy if I get 3 workouts in during the week. Nope. I need to get focused again and get my ass back in there!! No more excuses, just results!! Here I come six pack!
10. Create a Game Plan: For all aspects of my life and actually stick to it!!
What's your game plan?