I have been soooo terrible lately at blogging. I don't know what's wrong with me! Anyway....here are just 4 beauty goodies I used up last month!
1. Tula's Purifying Face Cleanser: Omg! I am SOOOO obsessed with everything Tula. Seriously, I am either using this brand or Josie Maran. Nothing else. It's so gentle and makes my skin feel amazing. I use it 2x daily but at night I use it with my Clarisonic. It has truly changed my skin. I highly recommend it and I purchased 2 more bottles.
2. Avon's Makeup Remover Wipes: These wipes are nothing new. I use them in the morning to clean my makeup brushes between uses and at night to remove the first layer of makeup. I swear by them. I usually order 20 packs at a time. I am kinda bummed because Avon has increased the price recently by a dollar a pack...it's a lot when you buy 20 packs at a time... I hope they decrease the pack back down!
3. Josie Maran's Hydrating Milk Serum: I love love love this serum. It's super hydrating yet light. I used it like crazy after my acne meds dried out my skin. I don't think I'll purchase for the summer because I'll be an oily mess but it's amazing for dry skin or Winter. No regrets with this one and I'll be back next Winter.
4. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Lines Serum: I love this brand and the serum was amazing. It had a nice soft scent and made my skin feel amazing. There's just one problem...it only lasts one month. For like $55 bucks, I can't spend that every single month. Sorry but not happening! I will not repurchase even though I love it and I'll be sticking with my Tula.
Have you tried any of these? What have you been loving lately?
Hope you're all having a great weekend. I have such a disappointing post to share today. My 2nd Lancôme product I've ever tried and it was a...fail.
My sister-in-law absolutely loves Lancôme. She swears by it. Besides this eye makeup remover, surprisingly I've never tried anything else from this brand! I don't know why considering I've tried so many of the major brands! Well so many brands are popping up that's it's hard to keep up! Anyway...let's get back to today's post. Lol.
About two weeks ago, I tried Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation Because I have been struggling so much to find a good foundation after all my acne drama. I can't use Estée Lauder's Double Wear anymore because it makes me breakout. My fave brand ever (Chanel) doesn't make a foundation that really matches my skin...I've tried Tarte, NARS, Urban Decay, and Make Up For Ever already and ehhhh. Why not try a brand new brand? Lancôme it was.
I picked up my first bottle at Nordstrom about a week ago and initially I LOVED it. The salesperson told me it was extremely similar to Double Wear which I loved until the breakouts. So I bought a bottle and away I went.
Here's what I loved about it...
Full Coverage: Not sure if it's really 24 hours but I got 16 out of it which is fine with me. It covered all of my acne scarring and created a flawless look.
Beautiful Packaging: Glass bottle and slim enough for me to store away in my acrylic drawers. (Unlike my Chanel)
It has a pump!!!! Something the Double Wear bottle needs!
The expiration date is clearly labeled on my bottle!! No guessing 12 months for opening date. Lol. How am I supposed to remember when I started using??
Amazing Color Range: They have like 40 shades!
Discounts and Free Gifts! Lancôme is very similar to Estée Lauder and they offer a great rewards programs and some pretty generous gifts with purchase.
Sounds amazing huh? Everything was perfect until....the foundation oxidized on me after 4 hours!!! I have never ever ever had a foundation change color on me! I didn't even know what oxidized meant!! I didn't know it the first time I used it but I really noticed after a week. When I applied the foundation first thing in the morning, the color was 100% a match. So I walked out the front door for work and didn't pay attention to it anymore. But throughout my work day I used to get a comment here and there from a coworker saying...you look really tan? Did you just get back from vacation? Ummmm no. I was thinking to myself...why are they saying this? So I went back to Nordstrom and got color matched again. After three tries, I got matched for the same color all three times. Then this Friday afternoon I had a moment of realization...the foundation got three times darker around 12 noon. I was in my work bathroom and it looked like I was wearing a face mask. My face was SOOOO much darker than my neck and the rest of my body! I was sooo embarrassed and didn't want to leave the bathroom! Are you kidding me?! This situation has never happened to me before. Just like I never had an allergic reaction to makeup until Estée Lauder...I've never experienced oxidation until Lancôme!!
Yesterday I went back to Nordstrom, returned my Lancôme foundation, and spent an hour at Dior and got some new goodies. Now I'm totally staring at myself in the mirror and making sure I don't look darker. Hahaha.
Have you tried Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation? If so, have you had the same issue?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Hope everyone's having a great day! Just wanted to share a wonderful set I picked up at bareMinerals about a month ago. Yeah I know a month is kinda late but I wanted to make sure I liked it before I shared it with you! I also stopped by my local bareMinerals to purchase mine and even though it's sold out on their website, you can still get at Sephora and bareMinerals stores.
This is a limited edition collection created by YouTube vlogger Ingrid Nilsen I took a look at her channel and it's cute...she's a little more on the natural side than me but it's good for some basic ideas. Here's what came in the set for $50...
1. A cute gray makeup bag with the words " Be Your Best Self." I love that beautiful message and it's so true!! The makeup bag is perfect for throwing in your handbag and taking your makeup on the go. It's about medium size so you can fit a lot of goodies in there! It's also a good material that you can wipe down with a damp cloth or wipe.
2. Original Powder Foundation: I used to use this product yearssss ago when I first started wearing makeup. It's super light and natural looking. I actually wear this on weekends. A little bit goes a long way and remember to keep buffering into the skin. The more you buff, the more creamier the powder becomes! Your skin won't look dry or tired. Honestly it's not my #1 foundation because sometimes it can get messy especially when I'm in a rush during the work week. You also have to swirl it around the cap for 15 seconds in order to "activate" the powder. It's a great product that I'll probably always keep in my beauty bag as my makeup. It's also only made with 5 ingredients and so good for your skin that you can even sleep with it...I highly recommend this.
3. Powder Foundation Brush: this brush is one of my favorites and it just perfect for buffing any powder into your skin. The handle is amazing and provides the perfect grip. You have total control over the brush and application. The bristles are soft and just all around perfect for providing a nice even coverage. This brush is a yes for me. I also use it to "blend" my makeup look after I finish the final application.
4. Invisible Glow Highlighter: This is a limited edition highlighter specially created by Ingrid. It creates the perfect glow and reminds me a lot of Hourglass' Ambiance powders for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend it and it creates the perfect highlight. It's super natural though and isn't really buildable so don't expect intensity if you're partying with this. It's more for natural everyday wear.
Have you tried anything from bareMinerals? Have you purchased this set?
Thanks for stopping by!!
Just wanted to give you a quick news update even though I am a few days late to the party! Ulta is now hosting their 21 Days of Beauty! Of course I pick the most difficult time of year to give up all beauty purchases....everyone seems to be having sales on makeup that very rarely happens!! Ugh! But whatevs, even though I can't enjoy (read why here), I am happy you all get to enjoy!
I usually always shop Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty and score some major deals! It's happening from March 19th to April 8th! I still have these Stila eyeliners that I purchased last year!
What will you be picking up?
I love me some eyeshadow! I wear at least 4 different shades in order to create my perfect everyday look! Since I've purchased the Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette from Tarte, I have been receiving soooo many compliments! My Mom actually picked up this palette for me because she saw it at Sephora and thought it was beyond gorgeous. Honestly, for my mom to fall in love with any makeup, it's a pretty big deal. Every single shade is so useable and absolutely beautiful.
I love shimmery eyeshadows. I use a matte color as my base but I need some shimmer in my life. I use MAC's matte as my base and then create he rest of my loom with Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette. I use a combo of cove and reef in my crease, a combo of reef and abyss is my outer corner, sand in my brow bone and a combo of mermaid and starfish in the inner corner. So far I haven't used seashell and wave but I'm sure I will at some point. Seriously every single shade in the palette is useable which is rare!
The palette is $32 which I think is an amazing deal. I love Tarte beauty products and definitely think this is a must have for the classic beauty look with a little flair.
What's your eyeshadow routine?
Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I know I'm super late with this but whatevs! Here are my February empties!
1. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: The packaging is super luxe and pretty. Pink is my fave color so you know I'm going to love it. The tube feels like metal and it's kinda heavy which I love because it makes me feel like I'm getting something good quality. I also love love love the wand applicator. It's big and puffy and gets every little hair. There's only one issue....I frickin hate this mascara so much as an actual mascara!!! I seriously can't believe all of the hype. This mascara for me sucked sooooo badly! Nothing but raccoon eyes by midday and me cleaning up dark black smudges from under my eyes. Since everyone brags about how good this is, I thought I would give it a go. I absolutely positively will NOT be repurchasing this. Nope! Never! I tried it so many different ways too. With a mascara primer, without a primer, with this eyeliner, without eyeliner, with Chanel eye products, with drugstore eye products. It didn't matter how I used it or what I used it with....it sucks.
2. Avon's Makeup Removing Wipes: I've been using these wipes for over a year now so for me to be using a product for so long, you know I love it. It's the first step of my skincare routine and how I remove the first layer of my makeup. I also use it to clean brushes after every use. (deep makeup brush cleaning happens every Sunday) These wipes are so moist, cheap, and fab. I will absolutely continue to purchase.
3. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: I love this tinted moisturizer and it's super light and great for summer. I'm a fan of this brand and highly recommend it. It's great for the price point. I mostly just use Chanel beauty products now so I probably won't be repurchasing this anytime soon. Great product but I like more coverage.
4. Oil of Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System: Omg, I have to share a separate blog product about this gem. I absolutely am obsessed with this exfoliating scrub. My Mom has been using it for years and got me hooked on it. I highly highly highly recommend it. I use it 2x per week and my skin hasn't looked better. It gets rid of every last bit of dead skin. Your face will thank you.
5. Bumble & Bumble Curl Style Pre-Style Spray: This is my 2nd bottle of this and I already purchased a 3rd. Sometimes this is the only product I use in my hair. It leaves my locks smooth, sleek, and super soft. I'm obsessed and don't see myself getting over it anytime soon. It also works well for me because it contains no parabens or sulfates which my keratin-treated hair appreciates.
6. Tula Urban Defense Hydrating Mist: Yes!!!!! Love!!! This product has helped my skin soooo much. After all of my acne meds, my skin was dehydrated and looking flaky. I don't know if it's actually helping me fight against NYC pollution but I spray Tula's hydrating mist after I complete my nighttime skincare routine and it's so moisturizing. It has really improved my skin. I already repurchased! Tula is such an awesome brand and I highly recommend the skincare line. Stay tuned because I'll be sharing a lot more about the brand.
7. Tula's Hydrating Day & Night Cream: Again, another gem from Tula! I can't get enough of their skincare products. The whole line will really improve your skin and balance everything out. My face is almost back to normal after using so many harsh acne meds. This moisturizer is amazing to use at night and under your makeup when applied in the morning. It's hydrating without being heavy or greasy. I will 100% be reordering this product.
Watch this space in another two weeks when I share beauty goodies I've used up in March! I'm trying to use up products before I buy more! What products have you used up?
Thanks for reading!
So sorry it has been over two weeks and it's been silent! Honestly it comes down to one thing: exhaustion. After an entire year of trying to cover acne, fight acne, and heal acne, I have used soooo many new products, researched, returned what I didn't like then tried more next products and continued this cycle month after month. I'm done! I still have some product reviews up my sleeve but for the most part, I'm good with my current makeup and skincare routine. All of this has been so much! Anyone out there with acne, I feel for you!!
Despite loving beauty still, I decided to give up all new purchases for Lent. So from last Wednesday to April 16th...no new beauty purchases! No makeup, skincare, haircare, or nail polish polishes. Nada. This little passion of mine became a full blown obsession and honestly my wallet can't afford it anymore.
This blog will still focus on beauty but I have other things up my sleeve. I'll share with you my current fave beauty products, what's worth the splurge and what's not, and how to buy makeup on a budge. There's more to come but I just needed a little break.
Thank you as always for reading this little baby of mine! Let's see how much money I can save during Lent...
I love you all!
I love you all!