Happy Monday loves!! Hope you all had an amazing weekend! I finally had some R&R. I needed it! I also spend my Sunday doing beauty things! Haircut, blow dry, teeth whitening, and waxing. Fun right? Super glam! Lol.
So my Mom and I went shopping last week on Black Friday and we stopped by the Bobbi Brown counter. I love Bobbi Brown products. I've been struggling lately with removing all of my eye makeup at night. I wear LOADS of eye makeup and I especially love black eyeliner. There's only one problem with my love of eyeliner...it leaves stains on my pillow cases if I don't remove it all at the end of the night. I swear I really try to but my makeup removing wipes aren't cutting it. Since it was Black Friday and major deals were going on, I decided to give this product a try. And I am super happy I did!!
Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover is a lifesaver. Wanna know more about it? Good because I'm happy to share. According to Bobbi, "An oil-based makeup remover is the best way to gently yet thoroughly remove long-wearing makeup." And I totally agree. I am always nervous about how I treat my eyes because that area of your face is super sensitive and I want to make sure I don't do any damage to the thin layer of skin. I make sure to treat it kindly!
So far this product has been amazing to me. Here's how I use it...
* Please make sure to shake the bottle well! Since it's a dual formula and oil based, it's important to give the bottle a good shake before you use.
* I use a cotton ball for application. A little bit goes a long way. This product is for your entire face but I use it mainly for eye makeup removal. I just put a bit on a cotton ball, do a few wipes over the eyes and I'm done! This is also good for people who wear contacts like me. I just take my time and make sure to not get anything in my eyes. Sometimes if my eyes look like a raccoon, I also use a q-tip to really get under my eyes.
* After I wipe the cotton ball over my eyes and make sure I remove all eyeliner and mascara, I rinse with warm water. Even though I don't have an issue with the oil, I like to be sure that I don't clog my pores.
* I have combination skin and have acne issues and so far this product hasn't had any negative effects on my skin.
* I've read some reviews and I know people have had issues with the cap. Personally I haven't and I love the cap and bottle. Can the cap sometimes be tricky to take off? Yes, but I like it because I don't want the product falling out all over my sink! It won't be fun!
My final thoughts? I've already purchased a second bottle so I can leave it at my parents' house. I am going to be using this product for a long time. It's the best I've found so far!
Have you tried it? What are your favorite makeup removal products?
Have a great week!