Happy Sunday! Hope you all are having amazing weekends so far! It has been extremely productive and expensive for me! Hahaha. More details later but I have completely revamped my makeup and skin routine for hopefully the final time...thank you acne for taking over my life. *insert middle finger*
I feel like I haven't done a beauty used up post in awhile! I've been all over the place because of my acne but hopefully no more! I'm using up some products! Let's do this!
1. bareMinerals Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam: I surprisingly really liked this cleanser even though it's so gentle! It didn't have any scents, was extremely gentle and got the job done! I'll definitely repurchase it because I was super pleased! I also used it to clean my makeup brushes. I only like cleaning my brushes with products I wouldn't mind actually touching my face. I've tried 3 other bareMinerals cleansers and with the exception of the cleansing oil, this one is my next fave!
2. Neutrogena "Night Calming" Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: I love my makeup removing wipes! I usually use their original formula but after hearing Kim Kardashian raving about the "night calming" ones, I ran out to Ulta after work the very same day and picked them up. I'm not disappointed! I already purchased two more packs. I alternate between these and my other fave wipes. So this is what I do... I use my bareMinerals cleansing oil as soon as I walk into the door from work. I apply it all over my face and then wipe off with the towelettes. After I have cleaned the surface of my face, I take my clarisonic and sulfur cleanser and really do a clean. I like this routine because my pores loveeeee clogging up and I don't want any barriers blocking me from really cleaning my skin. So far this routine has been working so well for me!
3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation: So everyone said I was going to love this foundation just as much as the regular formula...I don't. This wasn't a hit with me and I should have gone back to Macy's and returned like my gut was telling me too. Just $40 down the drain...it required a lot of product to get the finish I wanted and I had to use a lot of powder on top to stop the shine. Everyone said I would get the same coverage with a lighter feel. They lied to me. Lol. I saw every single acne scar. I think I would like this if I had perfect skin. (We all know that my skin is horrible so pass!)
4. L'Oréal Double Extend Lash Extension Effect Mascara: So two of my fave bloggers highly recommended solely the primer side of this mascara...and they knew their shit. The primer end of this wand is amazing!! Everyone compliments my lashes and I have to keep saying they are real! No false lashes here! I have also stopped wearing liner on my upper lid because my Chanel girl said it's blocking the view of my amazing lashes. She said I don't need it! So my Chanel girl gave me a sample of Chanel's mascara primer so I will see how it compares. Why buy Chanel when L'Oréal is so much cheaper? Because this mascara dries out super fast and I have to repurchase on a monthly basis. I also feel bad not using the black mascara side. I'll definitely continue to buy this product if the Chanel one ends up not working for me.
5. Primark's Dark Brown Brow Gel: Omg I love this stuff! Works just as well as the expensive stuff at Sephora but this is only $1.50!! It lasted me for monthssss as well without drying out. I would love to repurchase but every time I go...it's sold out. I'm using one by Maybelline which is great but it was $7.99 and not $1.50. *sigh*
6. Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme + Creme: I received like 10 of these over the course of a month from free gifts and sales associates. It's a great moisturizer for the colder months when your skin is super dry. It felt a little balmy to me and is on the thicker side. Not crazy smells to this one and I would purchase full size but there's no need to. Haha. But actually I'm doing some research and I hate to say this but I may now need to stay away from Estée Lauder products for a bit. I'm 100% not sure if it's causing my clogged pores breakouts or if I'm using their products the wrong way but since I stopped using some of the products, my skin has been clearing up...I don't want it to be true tho!
That's my round up! What beauty goodies have you used up? Have any brands caused your skin to severely breakout?
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend!