I have been waiting to write this post for months and just seem to know be getting around to it. I am sharing my thoughts about keratin treatments! I have extremely curly and thick hair. My hair is unruly and can get superrr frizzy. Sounds like a joy right? I have been straightening it for over 10 years and never knew about keratin!! It wasn't until my friend Nina told me that I should do a treatment and explained what it was about. I instantly called a salon and scheduled my appointment.
Here are the details....
|getting it done and being dramatic (wearing shower cap because I had to walk in the rain)|
|styled and ready to go :)|
1. Wash: First, they washed my hair really good!
2. Straighten with Blow Dryer: After they wash my hair, they begin to straighten and dry it with a blow dryer. The hair has to be completely dry!
|just washed and no straightening or product|
4. Blow Dry: After waiting about 30 minutes, they blow dry my hair again. My hair is completely dried in order to start the next step.
6. Spray: She sprays my hair just in case we missed any flyaways.
Things to remember...
- Don't wash your hair for 3 to 4 days. The keratin needs time in your hair.
- No touching or playing with your hair. Also, no pony tails or putting it behind your ears. If you do, it'll leave a mark in your hair.
- Use only sulfate free products! It makes the keratin last longer in your hair. I try to use keratin infused shampoo and conditioner.
- You're good to go for 3 to 4 months!
Have you ever gotten a keratin treatment done? If so, do you like it?