Happy New Year's Eve darlings!!! Seriously, I totally can't believe it's 2017 already! (And my Momma's birthday!!)
I must say that 2016 was a pretty amazing year for me. I have absolutely no complaints and have experienced so many blessings. Honestly, 2013, 2014, and 2015 were pretty shitty years for me and I didn't think there was going to be any light at the end of the tunnel. When all you see is darkness, it's hard to ever think you'll see the light again. Well I can truthfully say that I have seen a shitload of darkness and finally finally finally I have seen some damn light.
I have to acknowledge the good times and give my thanks to God. Here are some things I have been truly grateful for in 2016...
- My family: Without my family (especially my Mom), I wouldn't be here. I would not be around, or focused, or I don't even know what. I would probably be dancing on top of a table at a club drunk or out of control. My family keeps me sane and grounded. They support me no matter what and I know how lucky I am.
- My friends: I am so grateful to have so many amazing people in my life. I have a problem and I am so lucky to be able to text 15 people asking for help and I'll get 15 replies back saying "What do you need?" Sometimes I really get emotional when I think about what a blessing it is to have so many good people in my life.
- No bullshit: I must say, it's not always easy getting good people in your life. I am not sure if it's because I am now in my 30's but I have no tolerance for bullshit. I am getting a better sense of who I am and I am becoming more of myself. If you aren't a good person with morals, values, and good intentions, I am asking you to get away from me. It may be harsh to say but it's the truth. I don't need the drama or bullshit. I am only nurturing good positive relationships. I have had enough bad already to last me a lifetime...
- My nieces: Technically they should be under the family category (lol) but my three nieces have to get their own shout out. The twins are 2 years old and the oldest is 4 years old and they are all something else. They all have such different personalities and are their own little characters. They keep me grounded and really put life into perspective. If I'm sick, the 3 of them are FaceTiming me asking if I'm ok. If I look like crap, the three of them will comment on it. They just make everything in my life so much better. Holidays are better. Birthdays are better. Apple picking is better. Just everything. Even small things of innocence like Sofia playing with a Jack in a Box and not realizing that something will pop out. She screamed so loud and I couldn't stop laughing. What joy seeing things through a child's eyes. Love those girls with everything I have.
- My job: I am so blessed to say how much I love my full time job. Its been 5 years and I still love showing up to work everyday. I have an amazing boss and I am surrounded by people who appreciate me and my work. That's rare.
- My blog: In 2017, I will be focusing a lot more on The Gossip Darling. I have learned so many things this past year though and have connected with some amazing people. I can't wait to continue to expand and hopefully turn this baby of mine into something bigger.
What are you grateful for this past year?
Happy New Year! Wishing you a safe and happy holiday and many blessing for 2017!