I have been soooo terrible lately at blogging. I don't know what's wrong with me! Anyway....here are just 4 beauty goodies I used up last month!
1. Tula's Purifying Face Cleanser: Omg! I am SOOOO obsessed with everything Tula. Seriously, I am either using this brand or Josie Maran. Nothing else. It's so gentle and makes my skin feel amazing. I use it 2x daily but at night I use it with my Clarisonic. It has truly changed my skin. I highly recommend it and I purchased 2 more bottles.
2. Avon's Makeup Remover Wipes: These wipes are nothing new. I use them in the morning to clean my makeup brushes between uses and at night to remove the first layer of makeup. I swear by them. I usually order 20 packs at a time. I am kinda bummed because Avon has increased the price recently by a dollar a pack...it's a lot when you buy 20 packs at a time... I hope they decrease the pack back down!
3. Josie Maran's Hydrating Milk Serum: I love love love this serum. It's super hydrating yet light. I used it like crazy after my acne meds dried out my skin. I don't think I'll purchase for the summer because I'll be an oily mess but it's amazing for dry skin or Winter. No regrets with this one and I'll be back next Winter.
4. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Lines Serum: I love this brand and the serum was amazing. It had a nice soft scent and made my skin feel amazing. There's just one problem...it only lasts one month. For like $55 bucks, I can't spend that every single month. Sorry but not happening! I will not repurchase even though I love it and I'll be sticking with my Tula.
Have you tried any of these? What have you been loving lately?
Hope you're all having a great weekend. I have such a disappointing post to share today. My 2nd Lancôme product I've ever tried and it was a...fail.
My sister-in-law absolutely loves Lancôme. She swears by it. Besides this eye makeup remover, surprisingly I've never tried anything else from this brand! I don't know why considering I've tried so many of the major brands! Well so many brands are popping up that's it's hard to keep up! Anyway...let's get back to today's post. Lol.
About two weeks ago, I tried Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation Because I have been struggling so much to find a good foundation after all my acne drama. I can't use Estée Lauder's Double Wear anymore because it makes me breakout. My fave brand ever (Chanel) doesn't make a foundation that really matches my skin...I've tried Tarte, NARS, Urban Decay, and Make Up For Ever already and ehhhh. Why not try a brand new brand? Lancôme it was.
I picked up my first bottle at Nordstrom about a week ago and initially I LOVED it. The salesperson told me it was extremely similar to Double Wear which I loved until the breakouts. So I bought a bottle and away I went.
Here's what I loved about it...
Full Coverage: Not sure if it's really 24 hours but I got 16 out of it which is fine with me. It covered all of my acne scarring and created a flawless look.
Beautiful Packaging: Glass bottle and slim enough for me to store away in my acrylic drawers. (Unlike my Chanel)
It has a pump!!!! Something the Double Wear bottle needs!
The expiration date is clearly labeled on my bottle!! No guessing 12 months for opening date. Lol. How am I supposed to remember when I started using??
Amazing Color Range: They have like 40 shades!
Discounts and Free Gifts! Lancôme is very similar to Estée Lauder and they offer a great rewards programs and some pretty generous gifts with purchase.
Sounds amazing huh? Everything was perfect until....the foundation oxidized on me after 4 hours!!! I have never ever ever had a foundation change color on me! I didn't even know what oxidized meant!! I didn't know it the first time I used it but I really noticed after a week. When I applied the foundation first thing in the morning, the color was 100% a match. So I walked out the front door for work and didn't pay attention to it anymore. But throughout my work day I used to get a comment here and there from a coworker saying...you look really tan? Did you just get back from vacation? Ummmm no. I was thinking to myself...why are they saying this? So I went back to Nordstrom and got color matched again. After three tries, I got matched for the same color all three times. Then this Friday afternoon I had a moment of realization...the foundation got three times darker around 12 noon. I was in my work bathroom and it looked like I was wearing a face mask. My face was SOOOO much darker than my neck and the rest of my body! I was sooo embarrassed and didn't want to leave the bathroom! Are you kidding me?! This situation has never happened to me before. Just like I never had an allergic reaction to makeup until Estée Lauder...I've never experienced oxidation until Lancôme!!
Yesterday I went back to Nordstrom, returned my Lancôme foundation, and spent an hour at Dior and got some new goodies. Now I'm totally staring at myself in the mirror and making sure I don't look darker. Hahaha.
Have you tried Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation? If so, have you had the same issue?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Hope everyone's having a great day! Just wanted to share a wonderful set I picked up at bareMinerals about a month ago. Yeah I know a month is kinda late but I wanted to make sure I liked it before I shared it with you! I also stopped by my local bareMinerals to purchase mine and even though it's sold out on their website, you can still get at Sephora and bareMinerals stores.
This is a limited edition collection created by YouTube vlogger Ingrid Nilsen I took a look at her channel and it's cute...she's a little more on the natural side than me but it's good for some basic ideas. Here's what came in the set for $50...
1. A cute gray makeup bag with the words " Be Your Best Self." I love that beautiful message and it's so true!! The makeup bag is perfect for throwing in your handbag and taking your makeup on the go. It's about medium size so you can fit a lot of goodies in there! It's also a good material that you can wipe down with a damp cloth or wipe.
2. Original Powder Foundation: I used to use this product yearssss ago when I first started wearing makeup. It's super light and natural looking. I actually wear this on weekends. A little bit goes a long way and remember to keep buffering into the skin. The more you buff, the more creamier the powder becomes! Your skin won't look dry or tired. Honestly it's not my #1 foundation because sometimes it can get messy especially when I'm in a rush during the work week. You also have to swirl it around the cap for 15 seconds in order to "activate" the powder. It's a great product that I'll probably always keep in my beauty bag as my makeup. It's also only made with 5 ingredients and so good for your skin that you can even sleep with it...I highly recommend this.
3. Powder Foundation Brush: this brush is one of my favorites and it just perfect for buffing any powder into your skin. The handle is amazing and provides the perfect grip. You have total control over the brush and application. The bristles are soft and just all around perfect for providing a nice even coverage. This brush is a yes for me. I also use it to "blend" my makeup look after I finish the final application.
4. Invisible Glow Highlighter: This is a limited edition highlighter specially created by Ingrid. It creates the perfect glow and reminds me a lot of Hourglass' Ambiance powders for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend it and it creates the perfect highlight. It's super natural though and isn't really buildable so don't expect intensity if you're partying with this. It's more for natural everyday wear.
Have you tried anything from bareMinerals? Have you purchased this set?
Thanks for stopping by!!
Just wanted to give you a quick news update even though I am a few days late to the party! Ulta is now hosting their 21 Days of Beauty! Of course I pick the most difficult time of year to give up all beauty purchases....everyone seems to be having sales on makeup that very rarely happens!! Ugh! But whatevs, even though I can't enjoy (read why here), I am happy you all get to enjoy!
I usually always shop Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty and score some major deals! It's happening from March 19th to April 8th! I still have these Stila eyeliners that I purchased last year!
What will you be picking up?
I love me some eyeshadow! I wear at least 4 different shades in order to create my perfect everyday look! Since I've purchased the Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette from Tarte, I have been receiving soooo many compliments! My Mom actually picked up this palette for me because she saw it at Sephora and thought it was beyond gorgeous. Honestly, for my mom to fall in love with any makeup, it's a pretty big deal. Every single shade is so useable and absolutely beautiful.
I love shimmery eyeshadows. I use a matte color as my base but I need some shimmer in my life. I use MAC's matte as my base and then create he rest of my loom with Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette. I use a combo of cove and reef in my crease, a combo of reef and abyss is my outer corner, sand in my brow bone and a combo of mermaid and starfish in the inner corner. So far I haven't used seashell and wave but I'm sure I will at some point. Seriously every single shade in the palette is useable which is rare!
The palette is $32 which I think is an amazing deal. I love Tarte beauty products and definitely think this is a must have for the classic beauty look with a little flair.
What's your eyeshadow routine?
Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I know I'm super late with this but whatevs! Here are my February empties!
1. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: The packaging is super luxe and pretty. Pink is my fave color so you know I'm going to love it. The tube feels like metal and it's kinda heavy which I love because it makes me feel like I'm getting something good quality. I also love love love the wand applicator. It's big and puffy and gets every little hair. There's only one issue....I frickin hate this mascara so much as an actual mascara!!! I seriously can't believe all of the hype. This mascara for me sucked sooooo badly! Nothing but raccoon eyes by midday and me cleaning up dark black smudges from under my eyes. Since everyone brags about how good this is, I thought I would give it a go. I absolutely positively will NOT be repurchasing this. Nope! Never! I tried it so many different ways too. With a mascara primer, without a primer, with this eyeliner, without eyeliner, with Chanel eye products, with drugstore eye products. It didn't matter how I used it or what I used it with....it sucks.
2. Avon's Makeup Removing Wipes: I've been using these wipes for over a year now so for me to be using a product for so long, you know I love it. It's the first step of my skincare routine and how I remove the first layer of my makeup. I also use it to clean brushes after every use. (deep makeup brush cleaning happens every Sunday) These wipes are so moist, cheap, and fab. I will absolutely continue to purchase.
3. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: I love this tinted moisturizer and it's super light and great for summer. I'm a fan of this brand and highly recommend it. It's great for the price point. I mostly just use Chanel beauty products now so I probably won't be repurchasing this anytime soon. Great product but I like more coverage.
4. Oil of Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System: Omg, I have to share a separate blog product about this gem. I absolutely am obsessed with this exfoliating scrub. My Mom has been using it for years and got me hooked on it. I highly highly highly recommend it. I use it 2x per week and my skin hasn't looked better. It gets rid of every last bit of dead skin. Your face will thank you.
5. Bumble & Bumble Curl Style Pre-Style Spray: This is my 2nd bottle of this and I already purchased a 3rd. Sometimes this is the only product I use in my hair. It leaves my locks smooth, sleek, and super soft. I'm obsessed and don't see myself getting over it anytime soon. It also works well for me because it contains no parabens or sulfates which my keratin-treated hair appreciates.
6. Tula Urban Defense Hydrating Mist: Yes!!!!! Love!!! This product has helped my skin soooo much. After all of my acne meds, my skin was dehydrated and looking flaky. I don't know if it's actually helping me fight against NYC pollution but I spray Tula's hydrating mist after I complete my nighttime skincare routine and it's so moisturizing. It has really improved my skin. I already repurchased! Tula is such an awesome brand and I highly recommend the skincare line. Stay tuned because I'll be sharing a lot more about the brand.
7. Tula's Hydrating Day & Night Cream: Again, another gem from Tula! I can't get enough of their skincare products. The whole line will really improve your skin and balance everything out. My face is almost back to normal after using so many harsh acne meds. This moisturizer is amazing to use at night and under your makeup when applied in the morning. It's hydrating without being heavy or greasy. I will 100% be reordering this product.
Watch this space in another two weeks when I share beauty goodies I've used up in March! I'm trying to use up products before I buy more! What products have you used up?
Thanks for reading!
So sorry it has been over two weeks and it's been silent! Honestly it comes down to one thing: exhaustion. After an entire year of trying to cover acne, fight acne, and heal acne, I have used soooo many new products, researched, returned what I didn't like then tried more next products and continued this cycle month after month. I'm done! I still have some product reviews up my sleeve but for the most part, I'm good with my current makeup and skincare routine. All of this has been so much! Anyone out there with acne, I feel for you!!
Despite loving beauty still, I decided to give up all new purchases for Lent. So from last Wednesday to April 16th...no new beauty purchases! No makeup, skincare, haircare, or nail polish polishes. Nada. This little passion of mine became a full blown obsession and honestly my wallet can't afford it anymore.
This blog will still focus on beauty but I have other things up my sleeve. I'll share with you my current fave beauty products, what's worth the splurge and what's not, and how to buy makeup on a budge. There's more to come but I just needed a little break.
Thank you as always for reading this little baby of mine! Let's see how much money I can save during Lent...
I love you all!
I love you all!
Hi darlings!!!! Hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!!
I've been a little quiet lately because yet again...I'm still trying to find the perfect skincare routine that works for me. (Outside of using my acne meds) I went to the dermatologist yesterday and after this week, I'm officially off my oral pills and I'll be using the topical creams every other day. I am super nervous because I don't want the terrible acne to come back. I have one blemish on my cheek but hoping that's due to having my period and it's not anything major about to happen...
Anyways! Due to all the harsh meds, my skin goes from super dry and cracking to extremely oily! My skin needs to balance itself out! When it's super super dry, I've been using a power duo...Josie Maran's Argan Oil and Face Butter. These two products are unbelievable.
So about two week ago, I saw a TSV on QVC for the most amazing Josie Maran set. I blogged about it here. I purchased the Juicy Peach scent and omg it's heaven. Let's start breaking this down...
Josie Maran is well known for her 100% Pure Argan Oil. It's probably her best selling products and it's how she started as a brand. The argan nuts are harvested in morocco and are pretty much miracle workers. It takes 14 years to harvest and they can be used for cooking, healing medicines, but mostly for cosmetics. Yes, they can even heal burns! I actually use Josie's argan oil for both my face and hair. At night, I use about 6 drops of argan oil for my face. It's super moisturizing without being greasy. It absorbs into my skin pretty much as soon as I apply it. When using argan oil in my hair, I use about 5 to 10 drops on freshly washed and damp hair. When you wash your hair, towel dry for a bit, brush, add a few drop of argan oil to palm of hand, rub together to warm oil up, and then run through your hair. I focus on the bottom parts of my hair more since that's where I'm most dry. Once your hair dries, it's less frizzy and just looks beautiful. I truly like it better than Moroccan oil which tends to get greasy on me and can sometimes feel heavy and weigh down my hair. Even if I add too many drops of Josie's oil, my hair feels moisturized and not greasy. It's hands down my fave hair product lately. Plus who doesn't like a product that you can use for two things!
Omg omg omg! Josie Maran's Face Butter! Holy crap this stuff is a dream. Since my skin can sometimes get so dry that I crack and bleed, I've tried so many different products including $125 serums and moisturizers from Chanel. I bought two different Chanel products and neither one worked for me. I tried Josie's Face Butter since one of my fave YouTubers swears by it and I couldn't be more in love with it. Within 3 days of using it day and night right after I apply my argan oil, my skin just plumped out. I swear it was like applying to a raisin and now I'm a grape! My skin is so hydrated and glowing. Sometimes it's actually too hydrated! Hahahaha. I'm not 100% sure if I'll use this over the Summer because it maybe too moisturizing but we shall see.
This 2 part combo has truly saved my skin over the last week and I can't believe how quickly it all happened. It just goes to show that sometimes department stores are trying to see you the most expensive things just so you can buy. I have no problems spending money...if the product will work! This QVC Josie Maran TSV set was hands down the BEST money I've spent in a VERY long time. And the smell of juicy peach? Omg so yummy!
How are you keeping your skin hydrated during these Winter months?
Hello darlings!!! Everyone in NY enjoy the snow? Whoa it was crazy!
So I've been trying to simplify my makeup routine lately. Ever since my acne disaster, I'm trying to acknowledge two things: I no longer have acne to cover so I don't need that much makeup and clogging my pores so much with makeup also contributed to my acne.
Keep in mind that I do love the products below but they aren't 100% necessary to use every single day. Since I'm also trying to save money, I need to only use products that are an absolute necessity. Here's what I'm keeping out on...
Eye Shadow Primer: I just discovered a new trick about two weeks ago...use concealer! I was away over the weekend and forgot to pack my eyeshadow primer. I was devastated. I used my concealer instead and of course set it with my powder and I looked exactly the same! Exactly the same!
Mascara Primer: I love mascara primers. Truly do! It's just too many of an extra step for me in the morning. I'll use for special occasions but I can't use a primer everyday anymore.
Setting Spray: I know people will fight me on this one but I pretty much have normal skin now. I can skip this step. If you have oily skin, you may keep the spray in your makeup bag.
Eyelash Curler: I always forget this step anyway. I know they make your eyelashes look longer but to me it's not worth the extra effort.
Leave-In Conditioner: I never notice a difference with my hair. Skip!!
Lip Primer: My stupidest purchase. It's supposed to make my lips smoother and my lipstick last longer but that was a lie.
Shaving Cream: I never use anymore! Just use body wash. Same thing!
Eye Makeup Remover: I have yet to find an eye makeup remover that I'm truly forever in love with. Not sure if it's because I've switched mascaras but no eye makeup remover seems to be working anymore. They all leave residue on my pillow and leave me with raccoon eyes in the morning. I just purchase this baby shampoo to clean my eye makeup. It's cheaper but let's see how it does.
Makeup Removing Wipes: I'm just using baby wipes from now on. Much cheaper!! My Avon wipes are super moist because since I double cleanse anyway, I don't need such expensive wipes. Also, sometimes I only use them the clean my makeup brushes after every use. No more!
Lip Scrubs: There's definitely a way you can DIY this. No need to spend $10 on a scrub.
What beauty products are your must-haves and what can you skip out on?
So I have two separate skincare routines...one with all of my acne meds and another with regular beauty products you can purchase from department store.
My 9 month acne journey continues and it looks like it's reaching its end...thank goodness!! I now know so much about skincare and beauty because it seems like I've tried every product under the sun trying to beat acne, cover it, or work with it. When I first started seeing my dermatologist, she prescribed Plexion cleanser, Aczone topical cream for the morning and Tazorac topical cream at night. Here is my step by step routine:
1. Each morning as soon as I wake up, I wash my face with Plexion cleanser. It's made with sulfur which is an old school remedy of beating acne.
2. Next, I use rose water toner from Amazon or witch hazel to make sure your skin is balanced, spotless clean, and free of inflammation. Sometimes witch hazel makes me too dry so I alternate days.
3. In the morning, apply aczone after toner and let dry. (Make coffee and fix bed.) Then apply my moisturizer with SPF and let dry. I use this one. Then start makeup routine.
4. I just to keep my makeup routine simple and only introduce one new product at a time. This way if you're skin reacts to something, you know what's causing the problems.
5. At night, my routine is a little longer. I remove ALL of my makeup before I even start cleansing. I actually double cleanse my skin because I wear so much makeup during the day normally. My makeup routine has been simplified since I started getting acne but I'm sure it's still more than most. So I remove my makeup with this oil cleanser and these makeup wipes. I apply the oil onto my dry skin and use my fave Avon wipes to remove the oil. I then use Plexion cleanser, toner, then tazorac. Tazorac is a topical retinol and is extremely harsh on the skin. When using this cream you have to make sure to stay out of the sun and use SPF at all times. It's stripes your skin and you can easily burn. I'm more concerned about cancer so I want to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Make sure it's dry before you go to bed. My last step is adding moisturizer when my skin gets too dry. (I sometimes peel when using it) I like to use this light moisturizer because I'm scared of clogging my pores.
Some additional weekly steps:
* Every Wednesday I exfoliate using this product. This routine made me peel heavily so I have loads of dead cells on my face and my makeup looks horrible. I need to keep my skin as clean as possible and remove all dead skin.
* Every Sunday, I use a mask to deep clean. My fave is this one or this one. I just ordered apple cider vinegar and aztec clay from Amazon because it's a lot cheaper and they received excellent reviews. We'll see how it goes.
* I also use a Clarisonic every night with my cleanser to do my final cleanse. I wear loads of makeup everyday and clog my pores easily. The key is to make sure your face is spotless so you can actually get the meds into your skin! Pores need to be open in order to be receptive.
* If you have dark spots like I did, I also used this every single night for two months and now my skin is flawless and spotless. I also used this natural remedy and it was a miracle worker!
* I also was prescribed these oral pills and they helped my recovery so much! Even though it seems like a lot of steps and a lot of products, everything was needed in order to cure my acne. I have received soooo many compliments on my face. It truly looks airbrushed and I'm so happy!
Sorry that was long. Please let me know what didn't make sense and I will explain further. I love talking about this and sharing my experience so I'm happy to explain away!
Hope your spots clear up and I'll write a post soon about my beauty routine when I don't have acne!
Thanks for reading!!
I personally feel like this is a dupe for Hourglass' Mineral Veil Primer. Can a high end brand like Smashbox ever be a dupe? Haha. I'm not 100% sure but it's cheaper than Hourglass and I feel like it has the same texture and same feeling after application. I honestly can't tell the difference but my wallet can.
Since my skin is very sensitive and acne prone, I needed to make sure my primer was oil-free and lightweight! I'm so happy to actually be using primer again! I stopped using it for 4 months because I was taking too many acne meds and needed to be lighter with the makeup. I'm back baby!!!
I did read some of the reviews on Sephora's website and some people said this made them breakout. It's important to only introduce one new beauty product to your routine at a time. So if your skin starts reacting negatively, it's easier to pinpoint the problem! So I'm watching my skin so closely that if I notice just one clogged pore, I will stop using the primer. But thank goodness...so far so good!
Let's get into the details of this primer...I ordered it from HSN so I got a larger size and travel size for $36???? Plus I signed up for email so I got an extra $10 off. Then I used my Ebates and got an extra 2% back. Hahaha I know I know! Budgetttttt!
This primer smooths out line, fills in pores, and creates a flawless base before you apply your foundation. I mostly use primers to help control the oil buildup throughout the day. My skin can get very oily, especially in the t-zone area so this is really helpful! It also makes my makeup last longer and it still looks great after a 15 hour day! I just have to powder my t-zone around 4pm but after that, I'm good again!
To start my day, I cleanse my face, apply my moisturizer, wait 5 minutes, apply this primer and then start my makeup routine. So far so good and my face has never looked better. This is my go to primer!
Do you use primer? What's your favorite?
You guys know that I'm madly in love with everything by Josie Maran. Her products are natural, organic, and great quality. All of her beauty goodies are good for your skin without putting your help in harms way. Most importantly to me...they are cruelty-free! I'm excited to announce that this Friday, QVC will be offering a 4 piece set from Josie Maran for $69.96 with 3 easy payments of $23.32. If these products were sold separately, the price would be $164! I purchased my set and have it on auto delivery so I'll get this kit every 4 months! Yay!
Here's what it includes:
So I have used products from Josie's line for many years. I love everything and I'm especially in love with her Hydrating Milk Serum. It's making my skin silky, smooth, radiant, and hydrated during these Winter months.
I'm excited to be trying the Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter for the first time. I have read many reviews and watched a bunch of YouTube videos and loads of people are raving about it. It's not greasy, super lightweight, but effective at hydrating your skin. I'm scared of clogging my pores so I know I have nothing to worry about with this.
The Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter comes in two scents: unscented and juicy peach. I personally ordered both the juicy peach and unscented! I love scents so I am going to love the peachy smell and I know Josie doesn't make anything too heavy. I actually ordered this in super-size and also have it on auto-delivery. I use it all over my body and swear by it. My body is totally not feeling this winter cold and I'm not greasy at all.
100% Argan Oil is hands down my fave product in this kit. This was the first Josie product I ever purchased. I use it on my face and hair and the results are amazing. It's not too heavy or greasy and again...it won't clog my pores. With this product, a little bit definitely goes a long way. Just a few drops and you're good. I also use it in my hair so it looks healthier and combats the frizz! I recently ran out of my fave Moroccan Oil so instead of replacing, I'll just use Josie's Argan Oil for both face and hair. I'm all about saving money! Double uses so that means it's only half the price right? Hahaha. Kidding...sorta. This product also comes with a dropper so it's a great way for you to not overuse and waste it. You can also use on your body but I end up using too much of the product. Just do your wallet a favor and only use on face and body.
Argan Lip Sting Butter in Cherish It Peach is the last thing in this kit! I've never used it before but I have used Josie lip products before and have loved them. They are hydrating and provides the perfect hint of color. I'm sure this gem is going to follow the other's lead. The shade also looks super natural so it'll be perfect for everyday wear.
Hope you guys tune into QVC on Friday and get this TSV. The item # is A288240. The presale already opened so pick up your kit today! Trust me, these babies sell out fast so you don't want to miss out.
Please let me know what you think!
Oh goodness! Where is time going? Wtf? Another month bites the dust. 2017 is flying by just like 2016 did. Ugh.
I am on a mission to finish up beauty products before I buy new products. I am trying to save money as well as change my ways when it comes to beauty. I need more natural, animal friendly, and consistent products. If I like something, I'll be sticking with it. With that said, you'll be seeing different types of posts in the future. Maybe I'll be doing more fashion, book reviews, food recipes, and anything else that comes to mind!
Anyway, here are some beauty goodies I used up in January....
1. BareMinerals Dirty Detox Mud Mask: I like this mask but I am not 100% in love with it. I would repurchase it if I can't find something better. (I'm currently trying the Josie Maran mask) I actually have a second tub of this at my parents' house. It's very effective at cleaning out my pores but after I wash my face, sometimes my skin can feel super tight and dehydrated. I haven't really noticed a real improvement in my skin after I use. Maybe I have the wrong idea when it comes to face masks. Am I supposed to see instant results? What am I supposed to see? lol. Is this step really necessary? I am going to ask my dermatologist when I see her in two weeks so I'll let you know.
2. BareMinerals Brilliant Future Eye Cream: Ehhh. Another eye cream I will not be repurchasing. I noticed absolutely no difference. I tried a sample of IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Eye Cream and I noticed more of a difference in the one application than the 4 months of using this one. Definitely something to toss. Maybe BareMinerals isn't strong enough for me skin? Idk.
3. Chanel Mousse Confort Face Cleanser: I LOVE this cleanser. It's so foamy and creamy and lush! Omg, I can gush all day over this product. Then to make this even better, I use it with my Clarisonic and it's just heaven. I can't wait until the end of the day so I can use this gem. Sigh. I will definitely repurchase this but... I am so depressed to say that I have to look for a cheaper option. As much as it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin, super foamy, leaves my skin squeaky clean, and has no strong scents, since I use this 2x daily, I go through it fairly frequently. I am hunting for cheaper options because I go through a tube every month and a half. So that's $45 a pop. Yeah...a little too rich for my blood. I recently purchased the Tula cleanser based on all the beauty blogger recommendations so we will see how that goes. If not, I'll be coming back to this baby.
4. Cetaphil: I feel like this is becoming a negative post. lol. I seem to not be repurchasing anything! hahaha. Oh well. I guess that's the way life is sometimes. I got this cleanser at BJ's and got two huge bottles for $20! What a deal! This is an old fave with dermatologist so I figured...what the hell and bought it! So I used the cleanser for a week and didn't like. It's gel like and not creamy at all which I love. And it also doesn't foam up the way I like. I know it's just supposed to clean my face but I'll all about how things feel as well. I have to pass on using this for my face but I have been using it up by cleaning my makeup brushes with it. It didn't make my face break out and it's very gentle so why not use it to clean my brushes? So far so good! Again, I probably won't be repurchasing in the future.
5. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: I love this foundation and I got my Mom hooked on it as well. It's so lightweight and the coverage it great! This is definitely a sheer to medium coverage foundation if you build it up. It's amazing for those who don't like anything heavy on their face. This was excellent for me to use during my acne crisis because it didn't clog my pores at all. As much as I wanted to hide the blemishes and scars, my dermatologist and I agreed that I wouldn't. My face wasn't going to heal if it wasn't breathing. I needed to allow my skin to breathe and repair itself and not cover it with heavy duty makeup. As much as I hated it...I did it. I went through 2 bottles of this Chanel gem but now I am switching over to IT Cosmetics CC Cream. IT's CC Cream is cheaper, provides heavier coverage, has SPF 50, and includes skincare benefits. I love Chanel but again, I am looking for more affordable options that are also cruelty-free. I am going through a bottle of this foundation every month and a half. But if you're ok with spending $48 on foundation, this is a great pick.
Have you tried any of these products? What have you used up this month?
Hello darlings!! Hope you all had a fab weekend!! I am sharing my thoughts on a moisturizer from one of my fave brands...Chanel!
First off, I really do love Chanel beauty products. They are all so luxe and well made. The packaging alone make you squeal! But as much as I love the feeling of holding anything Chanel in my hands....this moisturizer is not worth $110 to me. It kills me to write this!
You guys are probably tired of hearing this but here it is...Since my acne disaster, I have been really careful about the products I put on my face. I don't want anything coming near me unless I know the ingredients behind it. Since my friend highly recommend Chanel makeup and skincare after she went through 9 months of Accutane, I decided to take her advice and go with it. Since my skin was super dry from all the pills and topical creams, I needed a moisturizer that wasn't going to be heavy, greasy, or most importantly...pore clogging. I needed something light, effective, and something that wasn't going to challenge my acne meds. Chanel's Solution 10 fit the bill.
What I like about it:
- Come in a pump! So no sticking my fingers in a jar, contaminating the product, and applying to my face. I pump 3 squirts and I am set to go. Nothing touches the rest of the moisturizer in the bottle.
- It's super lightweight. I apply this cream every day and night and it doesn't challenge my makeup or leave any residue. It's not greasy at all and my skin easily absorbs it.
- This moisturizer is oil free, fragrance free, and alcohol free. It has actually won awards for being the best moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- There's only 10 ingredients in this moisturizer and they list them on the bottle! They are: water, vegetal squalane, soft powder, glycerin, silver needle tea extract, shea butter extract, emollient, emulsifier, humectant, and preservative.
- Despite being light in weight, it does the job and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, moist, and radiant even though I am using harsh topical creams. I actually carry it in my handbag as well as I can apply throughout the day when my dry skin begins to crack! (Yes, the joys of acne!)
What I don't like about it:
- The price. The price. The price. Did I mention the price? I bought two 1,7 oz bottles at $110 a pop. Should I only have purchased one and see how it worked? Absolutely but that's my stupidity. I am not saying that I don't love this moisturizer because I do. It it were $50, I would be screaming from the rooftops for everyone to purchase.
- The bottle with the pump is amazing and a positive feature but I also can't tell how much of the product I have left. So I am just going to keep pumping away until nothing comes out. I have no idea when that will be.
- I want to start using more cruelty-free brands. I love you Chanel but I love animals more. I am going to use up beauty products that I have but....I will only be replacing with cruelty free brands.
Final thoughts? It your skin is suffering and you have extremely sensitive skin, I would recommend this product if you have some extra money to spend but IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Jar and Josie Maran's Hydrating Milk do the same exact thing in my opinion. My skin can't tell the difference and they are half the price. After I finish using my two bottles, I'll be replacing with more budget-friendly and animal-friendly options.
Have you tried Chanel's Solution 10 moisturizer?
Hi darlings!! I can't believe it's already Wednesday! This week is just flying by! Just wanted to share some quick thoughts about Josie Maran's Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment! I used to use this product about two or three years ago and I just rediscovered it! It was part of a QVC set I recently purchased and after using it again, I thought to myself...why did I ever stop using you?" Hahaha. I think it's just so easy to get consumed by so many products that some goodies just get lost in a large crowd.
Since my skin disaster of 2016 (maybe I'm going to trademark that phrase!) I have really been observant about the brands I use, ingredients, and how natural the products are. I downloaded the Think Dirty app months ago (read my post about it here) and it has been getting sooo much use lately! I'm obsessed with checking the toxicity levels of products I'm using. The older I get, the more I want organic, natural, and anti aging. Am I asking for too much? Nah.
Just to be clear, I'm not throwing away my current beauty stash. I'm just slowly replacing items with more natural options. Josie Maran is such a great brand and she just keeps expanding her line which makes me happy! That means people want more natural items in their lives. She's known best for her 100% Pure Argan Oil but she has a lot of goodies you should consider trying...like the Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment!
This little gem is super lightweight and non greasy! I have no idea how they made something so light be so effective. As soon as I apply to my face and neck, I feel instant hydration. My skin is left feeling soft and healthy. I use it both day and night and apply it from my face down to my chest. (Remember we age on our chests as well)
According to her website, "Josie Maran's Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Serum contains a blend of micro-droplets of argan oil suspended in purified water to deliver the hydrating and nourishing benefits of argan oil to the skin. This revolutionary formula pairs the deep hydration of purified water with skin-rejuvenating micro-droplets of Josie's 100% Pure Argan Oil."
It works for all skin types and you apply a moisturizer or Josie's Argan Oil on top of it. I personally just add whatever moisturizer I'm using at the moment when I'm applying at night. In the morning, I apply my sunscreen after this.
If you need extra hydration during these winter months, I would really give this a try! You can use it all year round but in the summer I personally get too sweaty and I'm scared of clogging my pores. This baby is perfect for right now!
Have you tried any of Josie Maran's products? You won't regret it!
I've been meaning to write this post for a really long time. Well since September 13th, 2016 when this collaboration was released. Hahaha! I have just been really picky about what makeup and skincare products I use after my whole acne mess. I made sooo many mistakes in the past by using crappy products, not cleansing my skin well enough at time, and using different products every single day. Now I wait a few months before I blog about something. My skin is constantly changing so it's hard to determine if I am going to like something right away! (Makeup brushes are different and I do have some exceptions to the rules like eye makeup!)
I am a HUGE Victoria Beckham fan and I have been since her Spice Girl days. Seriously, anything Victoria Beckham recommends, I am totally on it! So when this collection was released, I left work at 6pm on the dot and ran up to Bergdorfs to get my stash. I also placed an order online first thing that morning. Hahahaha. I picked up the highlight, lipstick, eye shadow palette, and eyeliner. I was waitlisted for the bronzer and bitter clove eye shadow. I was on the waitlist for these items at both Bergdorfs and Nordstrom but never got them. Bummer!
The first thing I noticed about the collection was the luxe packaging. Seriously, I have never seen anything so beautiful when it comes to makeup. Victoria didn't miss a beat and from the black leather to the gold details, the packaging alone was worth the money I spent. The products are a bit on the heavy side because the packaging is sooo well made. Well done VB!!
My all time favorite purchase from the collection was the mercury highlighter. I bought two of them at $70 a pop. (One for me and one from my Mom) My Mom is absolutely obsessed with this gem and uses it everyday. It's a light rose gold shade and is perfect for any skintone. It's nothing too over the top like Becca's Champagne Pop tends to be. This is chic and elegant and perfect for a stylish woman on the go.
The dual ended eyeliner was next on my list. I must admit, even though I like the black side of eyeliner, this is something I could have saved my $30 on. It's ok but the pencil is very soft. It makes it very easy to smudge if you want that look but it's also very easy to make a mess of things. I only use the black side of the liner so it's a bit of a waste. I tried using the white side of this liner because it's supposed to make my eyes "pop" but I am a creature of habit and I hated the way it looked on me. Since I am obsessed with liners, I needed to get it but....
I purchased the lipstick in the Chilean Sunset shade which is a red/orange shade. I have used it once (for a Christmas Eve wedding) at it's full capacity. Most times I dilute it and apply chapstick first and dab this lipstick on my lips. It's just too strong for my everyday look and it's too orange for my glam look. Maybe I just have to get used to it but I should have purchased the nude shade since I know I would have really gotten some good use out of it.
The 6 shade eye shadow palette is to die for!! The only shade I am having difficulties using is the blue. It's a stunning color but not really easy for me to wear. The other 5 shades are perfect for me. The green is also something a little different for me but usable!! I would love it if they made the gold/champagne and the bronze shade on their own! I missed out on the Bitter Clove shade but I'm sure I would have used that everyday as well. The $95 price tag was a hard one to swallow but these colors are sooo pigmented that a little bit goes a long way. I'll have this easily for 2 years and that's with me using it everyday. What I love most about this palette is that when I apply, there's very little fall out! (I make a mess when I use my Too Faced and BareMinerals palettes)
I just wish I could have gotten my hands on more eye shadows and the bronzer!!
Well done VB. I heard a rumor that she was going to create her own makeup line for permanent availability! How amazing would that be?
I also heard that she was HEAVILY involved in this collaboration. She handpicked every single item and pretty much created everything with the people of Estee Lauder. She 100% didn't have "her people" creating this and just slapping her name on it. I heard she met with the people of Estee Lauder in LA and she brought with her 20 years worth of her favorite makeup!! She shared her stories of bad skin and horrible acne and what worked for her and what didn't. She knows her stuff! It was so awesome for me to hear that (because you know I can relate re: acne!) and it's refreshing that she cares about what she puts out there.
I know some of the products from the Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Collection are still available and I really encourage you to pick up some pieces. It's worth the money!!
Have you tried anything from this collection?
PS- I am still hoping I'm on the waitlist and they didn't forget about me!