Beauty Goodies Used Up In January
Oh goodness! Where is time going? Wtf? Another month bites the dust. 2017 is flying by just like 2016 did. Ugh.
I am on a mission to finish up beauty products before I buy new products. I am trying to save money as well as change my ways when it comes to beauty. I need more natural, animal friendly, and consistent products. If I like something, I'll be sticking with it. With that said, you'll be seeing different types of posts in the future. Maybe I'll be doing more fashion, book reviews, food recipes, and anything else that comes to mind!
Anyway, here are some beauty goodies I used up in January....
1. BareMinerals Dirty Detox Mud Mask: I like this mask but I am not 100% in love with it. I would repurchase it if I can't find something better. (I'm currently trying the Josie Maran mask) I actually have a second tub of this at my parents' house. It's very effective at cleaning out my pores but after I wash my face, sometimes my skin can feel super tight and dehydrated. I haven't really noticed a real improvement in my skin after I use. Maybe I have the wrong idea when it comes to face masks. Am I supposed to see instant results? What am I supposed to see? lol. Is this step really necessary? I am going to ask my dermatologist when I see her in two weeks so I'll let you know.
2. BareMinerals Brilliant Future Eye Cream: Ehhh. Another eye cream I will not be repurchasing. I noticed absolutely no difference. I tried a sample of IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Eye Cream and I noticed more of a difference in the one application than the 4 months of using this one. Definitely something to toss. Maybe BareMinerals isn't strong enough for me skin? Idk.
3. Chanel Mousse Confort Face Cleanser: I LOVE this cleanser. It's so foamy and creamy and lush! Omg, I can gush all day over this product. Then to make this even better, I use it with my Clarisonic and it's just heaven. I can't wait until the end of the day so I can use this gem. Sigh. I will definitely repurchase this but... I am so depressed to say that I have to look for a cheaper option. As much as it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin, super foamy, leaves my skin squeaky clean, and has no strong scents, since I use this 2x daily, I go through it fairly frequently. I am hunting for cheaper options because I go through a tube every month and a half. So that's $45 a pop. Yeah...a little too rich for my blood. I recently purchased the Tula cleanser based on all the beauty blogger recommendations so we will see how that goes. If not, I'll be coming back to this baby.
4. Cetaphil: I feel like this is becoming a negative post. lol. I seem to not be repurchasing anything! hahaha. Oh well. I guess that's the way life is sometimes. I got this cleanser at BJ's and got two huge bottles for $20! What a deal! This is an old fave with dermatologist so I figured...what the hell and bought it! So I used the cleanser for a week and didn't like. It's gel like and not creamy at all which I love. And it also doesn't foam up the way I like. I know it's just supposed to clean my face but I'll all about how things feel as well. I have to pass on using this for my face but I have been using it up by cleaning my makeup brushes with it. It didn't make my face break out and it's very gentle so why not use it to clean my brushes? So far so good! Again, I probably won't be repurchasing in the future.
5. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: I love this foundation and I got my Mom hooked on it as well. It's so lightweight and the coverage it great! This is definitely a sheer to medium coverage foundation if you build it up. It's amazing for those who don't like anything heavy on their face. This was excellent for me to use during my acne crisis because it didn't clog my pores at all. As much as I wanted to hide the blemishes and scars, my dermatologist and I agreed that I wouldn't. My face wasn't going to heal if it wasn't breathing. I needed to allow my skin to breathe and repair itself and not cover it with heavy duty makeup. As much as I hated it...I did it. I went through 2 bottles of this Chanel gem but now I am switching over to IT Cosmetics CC Cream. IT's CC Cream is cheaper, provides heavier coverage, has SPF 50, and includes skincare benefits. I love Chanel but again, I am looking for more affordable options that are also cruelty-free. I am going through a bottle of this foundation every month and a half. But if you're ok with spending $48 on foundation, this is a great pick.
Have you tried any of these products? What have you used up this month?