Hello darlings!! Hope you all had a fab weekend!! I am sharing my thoughts on a moisturizer from one of my fave brands...Chanel!
First off, I really do love Chanel beauty products. They are all so luxe and well made. The packaging alone make you squeal! But as much as I love the feeling of holding anything Chanel in my hands....this moisturizer is not worth $110 to me. It kills me to write this!
You guys are probably tired of hearing this but here it is...Since my acne disaster, I have been really careful about the products I put on my face. I don't want anything coming near me unless I know the ingredients behind it. Since my friend highly recommend Chanel makeup and skincare after she went through 9 months of Accutane, I decided to take her advice and go with it. Since my skin was super dry from all the pills and topical creams, I needed a moisturizer that wasn't going to be heavy, greasy, or most importantly...pore clogging. I needed something light, effective, and something that wasn't going to challenge my acne meds. Chanel's Solution 10 fit the bill.
What I like about it:
- Come in a pump! So no sticking my fingers in a jar, contaminating the product, and applying to my face. I pump 3 squirts and I am set to go. Nothing touches the rest of the moisturizer in the bottle.
- It's super lightweight. I apply this cream every day and night and it doesn't challenge my makeup or leave any residue. It's not greasy at all and my skin easily absorbs it.
- This moisturizer is oil free, fragrance free, and alcohol free. It has actually won awards for being the best moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- There's only 10 ingredients in this moisturizer and they list them on the bottle! They are: water, vegetal squalane, soft powder, glycerin, silver needle tea extract, shea butter extract, emollient, emulsifier, humectant, and preservative.
- Despite being light in weight, it does the job and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, moist, and radiant even though I am using harsh topical creams. I actually carry it in my handbag as well as I can apply throughout the day when my dry skin begins to crack! (Yes, the joys of acne!)
What I don't like about it:
- The price. The price. The price. Did I mention the price? I bought two 1,7 oz bottles at $110 a pop. Should I only have purchased one and see how it worked? Absolutely but that's my stupidity. I am not saying that I don't love this moisturizer because I do. It it were $50, I would be screaming from the rooftops for everyone to purchase.
- The bottle with the pump is amazing and a positive feature but I also can't tell how much of the product I have left. So I am just going to keep pumping away until nothing comes out. I have no idea when that will be.
- I want to start using more cruelty-free brands. I love you Chanel but I love animals more. I am going to use up beauty products that I have but....I will only be replacing with cruelty free brands.
Final thoughts? It your skin is suffering and you have extremely sensitive skin, I would recommend this product if you have some extra money to spend but IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Jar and Josie Maran's Hydrating Milk do the same exact thing in my opinion. My skin can't tell the difference and they are half the price. After I finish using my two bottles, I'll be replacing with more budget-friendly and animal-friendly options.
Have you tried Chanel's Solution 10 moisturizer?